Change the World
Will making your voice heard somehow bring happiness? Will being more active in your community make you more content? See for yourself. Call your Congressperson. Sign a petition. Attend a rally. Whether any of it will have a lasting impact on the environment nobody will know. What’s important is how these simple actions make you feel. Here are a few easy ways to get started.
- Become a local organizer in the fight against climate change. Join 350.org and organize activists in your community.
- Use your purchasing power to pressure companies to take climate action. The Climate Counts Scorecard rates everything from airlines to fast food restaurants. There’s also a handy tool to e-mail companies to let them know that their record on climate change matters to you as a consumer. Need the info on the go? Check out Climate Counts Mobile.
- Protect Clean Water and Water Jobs. Ask your Senator to support funding for more jobs and clean water in your community.
- Kick Your Bottled Water Habit and Educate your Friends. Gather your friends together to watch FLOW; Blue Gold; or The Water Front — all powerful documentaries about the right to safe, affordable and accessible water. Learn more about bottled water here.
- Encourage your kindergarden through 8th-grade classes to adopt a green transportation curriculum. Learn more at streetseducation.org.
- Help America create walkable and bikeable neighborhoods. Check out these action steps to reduce car use in your community from All Things Healing.